If you are fond of camping, you must be aware of the various kinds of coolers that are available for campsites. Choosing the right cooler to store your perishables is of utmost importance. Several types of coolers come with several pros and cons. stainless steel cooler comparisons always help when buying the right camping cooler for you. www.lifehack.org has some awesome articles on coolers and its functionality.
Which cooler type serves you best?
There are few facts that you should keep in mind while choosing the right cooler type.
Soft side coolers, these coolers are ideal when you are camping for short duration. Though styrofoam coolers do not match the insulation and cooling capacities of the hard coolers, they are nevertheless light weighted and can hold a meal or two. So just in case you are camping only for the night and require to store a few perishables food items, these are the best bet.
Hard-sided coolers; these are the most preferred ones. These come in either plastics or stainless steel. Hard-sided coolers are the ideal choice when you have to camp either for several days or in case you are camping with several people. These kinds of coolers can keep the food items and beverages cold for a long time. These are extremely durable too, so just in case you have invested in one, it will last you long time. Choose the ones that are water proof, weatherproof and are also bear resistant! After all, you should be saving your eatables from bears too!
The features to look in hard-sided coolers
There are a few tips that you should keep in mind when choosing the right kind of hard sided cooler for camping needs.
· In case you are opting for big hard-sided cooler, ensure that it has big handles too so that it is easy for you to carry.
· Go for these heavy ones only if you can drive up to your camping site else carrying these will be too much of a task.
· If possible buy a hard-sided cooler that has a draining plug to drain water from melted ice.
· The lids on these coolers should fit in tightly else the entire purpose of buying the cooler will go for a toss.
· Size does matter and choose the size wisely when buying the cooler for campsites. Too big or too small a cooler will perform only the task tedious for you. If you are an avid camper, it is better to have coolers of various sizes so that you can pick the one that suits your need best at a given time. Cooler sizes will differ for short camps and extended vacations. Also, if you are a good hunter, you will require bigger cooler sizes to keep the meat. Take every aspect of your camping needs when choosing the cooler size.
· Choose the ones that have the best ice retention
Other than these conventional plastic and stainless steel coolers, electric coolers are also gaining popularity of late. These coolers can be plugged into the car’s AC outlet to keep the cooler cool. This is a great option to consider when going on a long camping schedule.